Thread: Screaming Ref.
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 11:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfanmike20
Uhg... so I had a two game set yesterday. MS travel teams. Feeder programs for the HS level. Good ball players. Anyway my first game went great. It was a blow out 62 to 20 and it wasn't even that close. Then my partner for my first game switches with this other guy who I've worked with before. UHG!!!

So the game starts. Its a 5th grade game. The coach for the red team is chirping but nothing more then you hear normally. The usual stuff. Hes not yelling.. hes just saying things like... "travel??" "foul??" "Over the back??"

I ignore this stuff for the most part. Its just banter and its not worth my time IMO.

Well this new partner he is one of those... "I make it a point to put coaches in there place" types. He comes up to me and sais... "When we inbound after the first quarter, Let me work table side." I say ok, but I'm thinking "uh oh.. here we go."

The last time I worked with this guy he got into a screaming match with a coach. Well... Low and behold.. the coach sais somthing like... "foul??" and my partner starts screaming at him. "THATS ENOUGH COACH!!" Someone from the crowd sais somthing about the officials controlling the game, and he comes storming across the floor and starts screaming, "I CAN HAVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU REMOVED FROM THE STANDS!!"

I just stood there... I said nothing I made no comments... I couldn't beleive what I saw....

Just inexcusable.

Bearfanmike..............out of curiousity, give me the initials of the feeder program's High School.