View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 27, 2008, 08:39pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
By your logic, Team A could have all of their VAR players warm-up with the JV players and put on a dunking show without being punished. The rule book states that is at TF to dunk a dead ball and the ball is dead during the pre-game warm-up period and if the players are in uniform and warming up it is because they are warming up to play in that game.
Um no, that's not what I'm telling you. I saying that I'm going to find out whether the person dunking the ball was a team member or not. If they are, they will get an immediate "T" and the head coach will get an indirect "T". If they aren't, I will immediately get game management to get that player off the court as well as any other non-members of that team that might be on the court. I don't have any rules backing to issue a technical foul to that person if they aren't a team member, let alone issue an accompanying indirect "T" to the coach. A team technical foul under rule 2-8 maybe could be assessed, but I doubt very much if I'd even consider that.

If the coach tells me that the players dunking aren't his team members, I have no reason not to believe him. Soooooo......I'll just handle the situation according to the rules. What I won't do is try to make up my own own rules or read something into a situation that I can't 113% prove.

I'm not surprised that you got this wrong, but I gotta tell you that I am kinda amazed that Darrell agrees with you. He's usually much smarter than that.