View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 27, 2008, 06:23pm
Official Forum Member

Hmmm...I'll give this a crack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTD
Direct TF charged to the VAR player, indirect charged to the JV-HC, and one foul charged to the team's totals for seven and ten in the first half, and yes the JV-C loses the Coaching Box if in a State that uses it.
Impossible by rule since the Varsity player isn't a TEAM MEMBER of the JV team nor is he bench personnel...I'll elaborate on later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTD
Whether the VAR player's name is added to the Score book is another matter but is not really germane to the Play.
It is germane. If the VP isn't bench personnel and he/she isn't in the book then the VP isn't a TEAM MEMBER!!!!! You just can't decide as the official who your going to add to the book. This is only up to the COACH for crying out loud! In your example the player can warm up because he is a TEAM MEMBER who is going to be bench personnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTD
The R goes to A-HC and informs him of the discrepancy. A-HC tells you that he doesn't intend to play A-12 unless he really needs to and is willing to let Team A be charged with an administrative TF if he later wants to add A-12's name to the book. Can the official tell A-HC that A-12 can't warm-up? The answer is no. This is a decision that A-HC can only make (not even game management Gimlet). Now lets see how that applys to our play. A-12 now decides that he wants to dunk and dead ball and does so. What is the R to do?
Duh!!! The difference here MTD is that the player is BENCH PERSONNEL & still a TEAM MEMBER!!! He doesn't have to be in the book to be bench personnel. If the player dunks, WHACK, Bench T on the player directly and indirectly on the coach and he sits. EASY! Game management wouldn't have anything to do with your example because that player would be bench personnel.

It doesn't apply to our play since the VP isn't a TEAM MEMBER or BENCH PERSONNEL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTD
RULING: Direct TF to A-12 (counts toward his two TF's and combination of five PER and TF's), ndirect charged to the JV-HC, and one foul charged to the team's totals for seven and ten in the first half, and yes the JV-C loses the Coaching Box if in a State that uses it.
Finally I agree because in your play he is.......Guess......BENCH personnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTD
And in my humble opinion A-12's name has to be added to the Score book, and an Administrative TF charged to Team A, meaning that Team A has two fouls toward it first half total of seven and ten team fouls.
Why does his name have to be added if he is bench personnel? Are you serious? So if a player on the bench who the coach was never going to play and was never in the book but is sitting on the bench gets a "T" your going to add his/her name to the book and also pop the team with a ADMIN "T"!!! NOW THATS ABSURD!!!