View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 27, 2008, 05:12pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation Player "attacks" coach - not really

Saturday, I had six straight rec games starting at 8:15 am. Fortunately, I had a 75 minute break between games 3 and 4 so I could eat some lunch. These were all boys 7th or 8th grade games. In game four, A1 threw a bullet pass from a distance of about 10 feet to A2 right in front of team B's bench. A2 took his eyes off the ball and it went right through his hands hitting coach B - who was standing but had his head turned a little - smack in the face. He went down onto the bench like a ton of bricks and fell right on his assistant. Fortunately, his assistant was built like the Goodyear blimp so his fall was pretty well cushioned. He seemed OK and he spent the rest of the game with an ice pack on his nose. The only upside was that he didn't say a word to us the rest of the game.

Wasn't sure what the mechanic was for that. BTW - the "funny" thing was that the ball deflected right back to A2 who caught it! It looked almost "planned".

Oh yeah, my partner tossed a coach in the last game of the day. Apparently, the coach (whose team was up by almost 30 at the time) objected to a travel call! His exact words were, "That's a bunch of crap - just like the rest of your calls."

I wonder what he would have said if his team had been behind!