View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 27, 2008, 04:00pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgncjn
Well, I had a first yesterday, also.

I was working a G-JV game (as a favor to the assignor who needed an official for the game, and I was off). Team A (home team) begins the game with six players. They are terrible.

A1 fouls out early in the third quarter, and the rest of the 3Q goes without hitch. Team A has 5 players remaining, no problem. In addition, Team A is losing by 20 or so at this time.

I notice A2 go to the locker room between the third and fourth quarters. When Team A takes the court to begin the 4Q, they only have 4 players on the floor. I ask Coach A where the fifth the player is at. He replies, defensively, "She is playing varsity, she is done for this game." Fine, let's play.

With 3:50 left to play, A3 commits her fifth foul. As I am going to report the foul, I see Coach A walking to Coach B. As I report the foul, Coach A says the game is over, he "doesn't want to finish." Alright, fine with me. Game is over.

Not fine. I know the OhioHSAA quarter rule, BUT, too bad, she is an eligible player in the JV book. She has to play in 4th quarter of the JV game. Too bad about the VAR game. PM with the two teams involved. Inquiring minds want to know, . Your secret will be safe with me.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio