View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 02:13am
We don't rent pigs

What's the call?

Tonight I filled in at the local private school for a couple of freshman games and had the following: Boys game, 4th quarter, I call a foul on white #30, which is his 4th. Nobody told me, and he wasn't a star, but I just knew it was his 4th. I was thinking to myself, "Boy, I hope his 5th is not a cheap one or I'll never get to call college ball because I have the wrong mentality." But I digress, 'cause that is not even what this thread is about. Horn sounds, and there is a sub at the table, but when the sub is beckoned in, #21 leaves, not # 30. I thought that was strange and that 5th cheap foul thing surfaced in my mind again. As I hand the ball to blue to resume play, I hear the white coach, "No, wait, timeout," but it was too late. Blue turned the ball over, white started a break, and before they got a shot off, turned it back over. Then, I became aware of a buzz in the crowd, people pointing and shouting, etc. I looked to see 6 white shirts on the floor, including #21. I did not actually see #21 reenter the court, but I was positive that he had, because of the 4th foul, cheap 5th foul, and trying to have a college mentality thing. My question: Do you have a T on bench personnel white #21 for entering the court without permission, a team T on white for having more than 5 participating, or both?

Lonesome Dove