View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_riprock
I think you handled it well Bret. It demonstrates that "call it both ways" isn't necessarily a knock on your integrity (in this case, it couldn't be), and yes, it is way up there on the stupid scale.

To Garth, Tim & Ozzy, from my earlier response on this thread:

So we really don't disagree at all on what happens if a coach questions our integrity (#6 on Jim Evans' list of automatic ejections).

Where we differ is our individual interpretation of the words. Sometimes, I see it as merely whining about a pitch. If both pitchers are living on the edge and throwing 10 borderline pitches every inning, it's entirely possible that the coach honestly believes the other guy got a strike on the same pitch I balled for his guy. Maybe once in a while he is right. And if he mutters "same way blue," I'll take that as his way of telling me to bear down, rather than an accusation that I am intentionally trying to screw his team. If, depending on how the words were conveyed, I believe otherwise, see ya, with no warning.

If you recall, after I said I would toss the coach for attacking my integrity a SECOND time AFTER a warning for the first time, you suggested I was a redass.

Now, you say we are in agreement? Nice back pedal.

However you got here, welcome to reality.

Last edited by GarthB; Thu Jan 24, 2008 at 05:33pm.