Thread: How Many Shots?
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 23, 2008, 08:53pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Talking How Many Shots?

Tonight, justacoach and I were doing B 8th grade game. Not so good.....

Team A has a boy 6'3", 220 lbs!!! Most everyone else on the court is 5'2" or less. This "baby Shaq" enjoys the game, but it becomes apparent early he is not so talented or coordinated at this point in his career.

As we near the end of the game, Team A is down and our big boy is in the low post and puts up a three footer, brick! He extends his arms above the mob surrounding him and gets the rebound, throws up another one - clank! He gets the rebound again, brick! He gets the rebound again, clank! He gets the rebound again, brick! He gets the rebound again, clank! He gets the rebound again, brick! Tweet! Foul! Seven shots!! My partner and I were chuckling.

So, as I line em up for the shots, I say to B1, "Son, you just can't teach tall."

He then looks into the crowd exasperated and says, "I did!" A few seconds later, he says again "I did!"

I asked , "What did you do?" He looked at me and says, "My dad told me to foul him! I did right?"

Thanks justacoach! A fun night!!