View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 23, 2008, 10:00am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
I just heard this story last night. It happened this season, but I forget the schools involved. NCAA D3 game.

Team A (visitors) is down by 2 near the end of the 2nd half. A1 shoots a successful 3-pointer to take a 1-point lead. Clock properly stops at 0.6 seconds after the successful field goal. A6, thinking the game was over, runs off the bench to congratulate A1 on the 3-pointer, interfering with B2 who had just received the throw-in pass. Trail official calls the technical foul for delay as the horn sounds ending the period. Lead and Center official think the whistle is to end the period and run off the court to the locker room. Trail realizes the game is not over -- so leaves the court to get his partners from the locker room.

Referee -- who was already in the locker room -- rules that the game is over as all officials have left the visual confines of the court. The home AD comes to the locker room to ask if the Trail had a technical foul. He says yes, but there's nothing he can do about it now. AD is not pleased. The game has been appealed to the conference office.

Ouch. This was NOT my game last night, btw!! LOL
HAHHAAHHAHAH Too funny.

In my mind, the R did the right thing - follow the rules. If a reversal is in order, let the league deal with it. The crew should expect a suspension, imho.