View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 23, 2008, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

Cheerleader did what

I know better than to read bad ohmen threads on a game day!!

Last night, 3 game set, 5 grade, 6th grade and 7/8 grade combo.

2nd game, 6th grade, This is a small gym. The court is full size but there is approx 1 to 2 feet from baseline to wall, less than a foot from sidelines to bleachers. So the cheerleaders generally stand at the baseline near the basket that thier team will have in the second half.

4th quarter, not a real exciting game but pretty clean for a 6th grade game. I am on the baseline in the mix of the cheerleaders who have been instructed to give us room when we come down. Home team makes the basket and the ball bounces away towards me. I turn to grab the ball and put it at the disposal of the visiting team just as one of the cheerleaders is doing the normal jump kick with the arm flares after a made basket

and CRACKS me rite in the forhead! brought tears to my eyes instantly.

3rd game, same situation as above 3rd quarter. Ball goes baseline farside so i move in to get the good angle. I dont know what cheer they were doing but I take one step towards the play and WHACK, cheerleader smacks me rite on the butt. I tried to just ignore this and act like it didnt happen but, some of the parents saw it and decide to razz both of us over it.

Fun night all in all though!