View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 22, 2008, 05:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz
Oops, had this exact situation this past weekend in a very close game (the defensive team had no more timeouts and was using the free throw as one, so to speak). However, my partner and I, after the exchange with the coach about having his players ready, gave the ball to the free thrower for her first attempt while signalling a lane violation. She missed, meaning she would get another "first" attempt for the lane violation. At this point, I informed the coach (I was trail) that they were being warned for a delay and that further delay would be a T. He then sent his girls to the lane like normal.

From the posts above, sounds like we should have gone right to a team technical with no warning or "1st" attempt by the thrower?
If you didnt make this mistake you wouldnt learn. My partner and I kicked the successive timout rule -- BJV -- and for some reason we both thought a team couldnt call 3 successive timouts during a quarter. Completly kicked it and after confessed to a board member. He was understanding but in reality it bothers me to screw a rule up. Guarantee I wont make that mistake again.