View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 22, 2008, 04:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
Happened in a game I did about a month ago.

A1 drives to the lane and is fouled in the act of shooting. 2 shots coming up.

Defensive coach calls all 5 of his players to the bench for a chat -- their bench is opposite side of court where the foul shots will be shot. I am opposite side of bench and tell the coach he needs to leave 2 in the lane for the bottom 2 spots. Coach says no he doesn't. I repeat that he has to have the bottom 2 spaces occupied, to which he responds that on the first of 2 they dont have to the spots occupied. By now 4 kids are by bench and 1 is kind of wavering as to who to listen to, me or coach. Coach tells 5th kid to get to huddle and I tell the coach that he needs to send out 2 right now and he ignores me.

What do you do?

You informed them more than once that they must occupy the lane spaces and they continued to refuse. As a result of their refusal, they don't have to occupy them because the FTs will be followed 2 more for the T that you'd call. See, they don't HAVE to, but there is a cost. If he's been a good little boy throughout hte game, you may wish to mention that the penalty will be a T when giving them their last chace.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Tue Jan 22, 2008 at 04:44pm.