View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 22, 2008, 01:12pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrusepengui
Had a situation last year. 2 T's and ejection of MSG coach. As required, made report to state. Received a response from them within the hour. It was a copy of what they sent to the school superintendent, principal and athletic director. They wanted the answers to some questions, some of which were.

1. Was the coach a teacher? If not, when was the last time they took the required ASEP coaching course?

2. What were the last 5 scores on rules examination (or however many years they had been coaching)

3. How many other incidents had there been regarding that coach and officials.

4. Had there been and diciplinary action taken against that coach as a result of their coaching duties.

There were more - but I don't remember them all. The school had 72 hours to comply.

About a week later got another email from state that said that diciplinary action had been taken to the satisfaction of the state. I didn't know and didn't care exactly what that was. In any case - I'll bet she at least attends the rules meetings and takes the exam now if she is still coaching.
This is a routine email WI sends out when a coach is ejected.

I saw the same type of thing when an assistant baseball coach got himself tossed by me in a regional a few years ago. The state also mentioned his other two ejections, one of which was 10 years earlier. They keep good records on these things, believe me.

One baseball season a group of 5 of us at the rules meeting realized we accounted for 10% of the entire state's baseball HC ejections the previous season. And we are still rated very highly by the coaches, believe it or not.