View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 19, 2008, 11:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBSports
Yea, during a youth league I was working, I called a T on a coach saying that I was a F'en idiot, I called the T and him and I got into a little dispute. Afterwords, my partner told me after calling a T get away from the area. Take another spot. If they have a question, they can call a timeout and ask politely, if not, after the games works as well.

But yea, the whole problem had to suck. I hate when things go like that. I would handle it like this. Since we don't have a Bench T I would call an indirect T on the coach; next I would have both coaches report to the table and lay down the ground rules. I would say "Ok, I want this game under control. I don't want to hear another word out of anyones mouth. If you have a question, ask, but don't shout or course."

After words, call a tight game. Calling a tight game early normally gets rid of all problems during the second half. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

There's no need to get away from a coach that said that because he should have gotten tossed for a flagrant T.