View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 05, 2002, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AK ref SE
I am asking a question- I thought one of the new changes last year or the year before during pregame.....was to ask the coach if all his players are properly equipped(which would mean no jewelry). I am not saying I would do this, but would a Technical foul be appropriate? Just a question!

AK ref SE
NO T.

There is absolutly no rule or case to T a player wearing jewelry. I saw a guy do that last year and I wanted to crawl into a hole. The whole coaches' verification is 2 fold, 1) it removes liability for players being properly equipped from you, 2) gives us the leverage to take a player out of the game. The only way you would T a player for this is if it became "unsportsmanlike",and I don't really know how wearing jewelry could become unsportsmanlike.

In this case, I think the rules support having the sub shoot. If the players uni became illegal in any other manner (say, blood), then you would take them out and the sub would shoot, I see no diff in this case. But, being summer ball if it is casual, I might just let her take them out and then shoot.