View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 18, 2008, 05:32am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Here are my thoughts:
Your assignor has no backbone. Your local V official is an weak-willed sissy that's why he gets varsity games from that assignor. Team B's coach is a jack@ss.

If I had been sitting in the fifth row behind the bench and observed you, I would have stood up and applauded as the coach walked out.

Keep taking care of business and don't worry about the opinions of those who don't.
Amen to that. I've had those days and I'm glad they're over for now.

What the OP did was absolutely warranted. Lower level coaches are used to getting officials that can't or won't take care of business. Instead of listening to the OP and directing his players to knock it off, the coach baited you into calling technical number 1. By giving you the Heisman, he told the OP he was irrelevant and that he was going to do whatever he liked.

I would've gotten dressed and left and not said anything to the assignor. Back then. Today I would've told him exactly what I thought of him and then backed up the bus and ran it over him again. And then, if the state is involved in picking the assignor, I'd probably send a report to them, as well. I've done this once before (in another state) when I ejected our baseball assignor coaching a basketball game and he threatened my schedule. In a year, he was gone from both jobs.