View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 05, 2002, 10:58am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
To make a long story short, Varsity girls, summer league, straight high school rules. One blue-team girl sits the whole game, because she refuses to take out an earring. Last minute of the game, close score, LOTS of fouls, frayed nerves. Blue-team player wants to know why the white-team girl shooting fouls is wearing earrings. AAAUUUGGGHHH!!! She had long hair that wasn't pulled back, and I just plain didn't see them, although in my defense, they were very small and not sparkly. I sent her to take them out. Coach sent in shooter to shoot foul shots. I sent sub back and insist original player return to the floor without earrings, sub cannot shoot foul shots. Player refuses to remove earrings, I refuse to allow sub. We finally agreed that she could shoot her own shots, but then be subbed during the dead ball after she made her second shot, which fortunately she did.

Coach came and apologized after the game. He had really been rather obnoxious, and told me I had handled it well, and it was the right thing to do.

Was it? It got me out of a jam, but what would be the rule about a sub shooting foul shots for someone who hadn't fouled out?