View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 12, 2008, 07:57pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor64
I agree with all that has been said here, even scrapper in all his "sad but true" rant.

IMO, I say go for it, without getting into details I got hired very young working college ball and got hired for JUCO the same season that I worked my first regular season of college, so it's not out of this world or a novice idea that you try this. Just go try out.
First of all, I apologize if it sounded like I was ranting. That was absolutely not my intent. I was only trying to dispel the "it's all up to you" mentality and give a more realistic view of the many factors involved.

Secondly, I absolutely agree that you should go for it. Your youth will probably help you if you have some ability. Don't let that stop you. But the most important thing to moving up is to be seen by the right people. And the right people don't generally come out to watch local high school or rec league games. You have to get to the right camp. That was my main point: get to a camp where you're seen by the guys/gals who do the hiring.