View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 12, 2008, 05:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS 20
This is my 7th year of Bball. I've worked some pretty competitive intramural (in college) and men's rec. I've done very competitive AAU and some freshman games leading up to this year which is my first year of JV. This was the first year I joined the local association to get HS games due to a work schedule that just settled down this year.
You can always go to a camp and see where you're at compared to your comeptition. Chances are, until you've been through the wringer for a couple of years at HS Varsity, you haven't been is charged atmospheres where it really matters. However, you can learn at the JUCO level just as easily as the HS level, if you have a mentor/sponsor. A camp will help you get one if you are ready.

I started working 2-year college ball in my 4th season, and it was not an easy transition. But if you want it bad enough, and you have the talent and personal commitment, the sky is the limit. There are 4th and 5th year officials getting hired at the D-1 level in some instances. Get after it.