View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 11, 2008, 02:03pm
Official Forum Member

Well I must say I have never heard of anything remotely close to this, unbelievable. I certainly would see why someone would want a individual like this out of their game. By the letter of the law (sort of speak)I just can't find where the rules support a Flagrant Technical for his comments.

In a 8th grade game, why not. If its a varsity game I just don't think the rules support it. Whack him!!! Let him know why loud enough for the players to hear. Let the players know anything close to a punch being thrown would be ejection from this game and they would have to sit the next.

He can't be charged for fighting or leaving the bench during a fight. Which would be the only Flagrant Technical options. Fighting being defined in Rule 4-18

Art. 1 An attempt to strike, punch or kick an opponent with a fist, hands, arms, legs or feet regardless of whether contact is made.

Art.2 An attempt to instigate a fight by committing an unsporting act TOWARD an opponent that CAUSES AN OPPONENT TO RETALIATE BY FIGHTING.

IMO I think your only option here is to tag him with the following...

FED Rule 10-4 Bench Technicals Art 1 c. Using profane or inappropriate language or obscene gestures.