View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 06:38pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
I work in the hometown of Boo Williams so by default I've been able to officiate quite a few national level AAU games so I'm sure I've ref'd quite a few individuals who are now regularly on tv, but I couldn't name them. I ref'd at the Bob Gibbons when Greg Oden and Mike Conley were playing on the court next to mine.

Probably the highest profile players I've officiated are now college football players--Tyrod Taylor, freshman QB at Virginia Tech & Percy Harvin, UF Gator. Arkansas, Tennessee, and Virginia each have players who get plenty of floor time who I ref'd locally.

I've officiated Johnny Newman's son quite a few times and he still has one more year left.

I've ref'd NFL DB David Macklin in local rec league. Once had Sherman Douglas in a Pro-Am game up in the DC area a couple years ago.

Hampton HS girls, the team that got beat by Long Beach Poly on Versus channel, has at least 1 girl who will go on to stardom in the NCAA, but she still has 1 year left.
I wish I was still in DC to do that tournament. I don't even remember all the players I officiated at that camp. Vernon Macklin, John Lucas' son...can't remember.