View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 12:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
I certainly won't do that because the mere act of going to your partner lets everyone in the gym know that you think that he got it wrong. IMO that isn't being a good partner. I suggest that you simply freeze and make eye contact or do something else subtle and then he can come to you, if he is unsure, or stick with his decision and inbound the ball.
Oh, you're into the cute eye winks subtle hand signal thing to communicate to your partner that he f'ed it up. That's fine.

Me? I'm a big boy & if my partner comes to me cause he thinks I missed an OOB that's fine. Remember that trust your partner thing? Works here too. If I know I'm right the call stays the same, if I really didn't get a good look then I'll change it. Either way he's getting a big thank you from me.

Quote:

Personally, I've never understood this obsession with coming to fix one's partner's OOB decisions. For those who advocate this why doesn't the same principle apply for fouls? If your partner calls a foul and you are 100% sure that he missed it, do you go over and talk to him before he reports?
Ah right, the slippery slope. Nice try.