Thread: Rolled Ankle
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
You could be right for Tanner. I know one of the things lots of trainers and doctors say is that women's joints aren't as strong, and women do tend to have more problems. But I think cutting back sooner than later is generally a good idea for everyone. It's those first few days that the most important healing can be done, and also when any further mishap can be the most damaging. I think that's probably true for women and men. A few days of the old RICE, can make for a much faster recovery.
Can't disagree with anything you said there - I'm assuming if he's banged up enough to not go he won't try, but we'll see!

And my wife would agree with you 100% - muscle strength has a lot to do with joint stability, and men tend to have more natural muscle strength, hence more stable joints. But each and every person is different in both their stability and elasticity in their muscles, tendons and ligaments.

So...bottom line - diagnosing and giving advice other than "ice it and see the doc" is probably silly on all our parts!