View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 09:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
WOW! There is so much wrong with the thought process expressed here that I'm feeling like I was just punched in the face by Evander Holyfield.
So, I'm just going to highlight the major problems.

1. If you didn't see a number, then you don't have definite knowledge. That's what definite knowledge means.

2. You can't suggest anything. You have to know. What you did was guess and that's not allowed. If you can't say I saw X on the clock, then you can't put any time back on.

3. So did she release the ball before the horn or not? You can't employ any other standard for making the call in such a situation (barring a clear timing error).
4. There is no "definite knowledge test". There is only definite knowledge.

Final summation thought: Why do people always want to invent strange concepts instead of just following the rules as written?
So are you saying that if she caught the ball, took two dribbles, then took a shot and the operator was slow to start the clock, you would count it when there was only .4 left? Nobody was counting while she took her two dribbles, so nobody has definite knowledge that the clock should have run out.