View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon30307
If you have definite knowledge you can put time back on the clock. If you want to go home you run off the court ASAP.
Ha ha should have gone home! This is the issue though, what constitutes "definite knowledge"? I was the T, I was covering the last second shot and I had definite knowledge that there was "something" left when the L blew the ball dead. Problem is my eyes don't read 10ths of a second that fast, so I couldn't tell "exactly" how many there were. The three of us got together and all agreed that there was no way that the clock should have run out given when the whistle blew....I happened to be the R, so I suggested that we use .4 since we all agreed that given the time lag we judged that team A should have enough time to get off a shot (not a tip)...when I went over and informed the table both coaches were actually fine with it (team B just stood there when the horn went off which gave even more credence to our theory, nobody thought it should have run out)...as it turned out A1 inbounded to A2 on a curl around a screen and she caught the ball, "gathered", and then shot so I waved it off and she missed the shot anyway it was too slow...but we talked about it afterwards and we all agreed that what I saw on the clock was enough to pass the "definite knowledge" test....