View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 07, 2008, 03:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30
TYou could call a dead ball foul if warranted, I feel it's always easier to stop and clean things up. Thoughts on the handling of this particular scenario
I do not agree with that. Stop bad action anytime you can during a dead ball. There is no hurry to do anything and take your time. If everyone sees you standing near players and not putting in the ball, it puts everyone on notice that you are watching them. Then when they do something stupid, you can put air in the whistle and it is hard for a coach to say you did not see what was taking place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30
Clinicians have also told me that with rough play ready to percolate prior to inbounding, put the ball at the inbounder's disposal as quickly as reasonably possible.
I would completely disagree with those clinicians. There is no hurry to put the ball in play. And if a player is going to be so stupid to do something when the ball is clearly dead, then so be it. But try your best to tell players to knock it off when appropriate. Sometimes you just have to put them on notice that you are actually watching them doing the dumb stuff.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Mon Jan 07, 2008 at 04:28pm.