View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 07, 2008, 03:34pm
Official Forum Member

Rule 7-6 art. 4 musings

Teammates shall not occupy adjacent positions which are parallel to and within 3 feet of the boundary line if an opponent desires one of the positions.

I'll get back to this rule eventually.

I was watching a Varsity girls game this weekend and A2,3,4,5 lined up perpendicular to the boundary line but with enough space that B team wedged in between them. A team then began the usual pushing and jostling to keep B out. Official then came running in and reninstated B players to original position, A coach whined and Official basically told him to stuff it.

After game, I was in locker room and they were reviewing the situation.

You could call a dead ball foul if warranted, I feel it's always easier to stop and clean things up. Thoughts on the handling of this particular scenario

Secondly, pertaining to above rule which I erroneously told the crew that they can't line up parallel period, three feet from boundary, forgetting the operative word IF the other team want's 'in'

Do you then let everyone rearrange themselves? Thoughts?

Clinicians have also told me that with rough play ready to percolate prior to inbounding, put the ball at the inbounder's disposal as quickly as reasonably possible.