View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 07, 2008, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpire99
I was working a varsity tournament game the other day with a partner who I had never worked with before. An offensive player grabbed the net while the ball was on the rim. My partner blew his whistle and made an "overhead grabbing" motion (it looked like what kids do when they are attempting to get a passing semi truck to honk their horn at them). Later in the game there was a loose ball right at my partner's feet. There were players everywhere and nobody had control of the ball. May partner took his whistle out of his mouth and began laughing. At this point I stepped into the area and called a foul on the player who had dived into the pile and knocked an opponent to the floor. When the one of the coaches asked my partner why he didn't make a call, my partner's laugh turned into a glare and he "stared down" the coach as he went to the other end of the floor. I don't want to make my partner feel like I am scolding him, but I would like for him to better handle situations in the future so that he and future partners don't run into big problems.
This is a varsity game??? This stuff might fly in a 6th grade rec league, but not a hs game, call your assignor immediately...