Thread: Trifecta
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 07, 2008, 09:24am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbilla
the first two techs were really easy, obvious ones to get, but I am torn about the last one. So to you guys with more college experience out there, would you have passed on the third one? Just the fact that personally it was my third of the game I think got me wondering if I was a little too zealous…
I know this will sound like a cop-out, but I really think this is a play that we can't comment on intelligently without seeing it. Here's the good thing about it, though. You're thinking about it. You're asking the right questions. You called a rulebook T and administered it correctly; and now you're wondering if the rulebook T fit the game.

Since I can't comment intelligently without seeing the play, I will comment unintelligently. I think that I would have passed on the T since the ball went in the basket. The shaking of the board didn't affect the shot, so the real reason to call it would be if I thought he was showboating or venting frustration (IOW, the slap is so hard that it can't be ignored).

I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it either way, but the self-critique is a sign of a conscientious official.