Thread: Time Out Mania
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 04, 2008, 12:03pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Where's My Whistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbilla
Speaking of spitting the whistle, anybody have any good stories?
Early season game. My partner, the referee, passes on a blocked shot/foul call, at the buzzer, that ended the first period. No complaints from the coach. My partner is at the division line, across from the table, waiting to inbound the ball to start the second poriod. Players start walking onto the court to start the period. I am standing, in front of the above mentioned coach, with the whistle in my mouth, counting players. The coach politely asks me about the call, whether my partner passed, or whether the buzzer came before the foul. I drop the whistle from my mouth to answer the coach, who thanks me for the information. Satisfied that there are the correct ten players on the court, and the clock is set at 8:00, I point to my partner to start the period. Within a few seconds there is an intentional kick in my primary. I blow the whistle for the violation, to find that it's not in my mouth. My partner comes to my aid with a quack whistle, and we move on, looking at each other and smilling as we move up the court after the inbounds, after the violation.