Thread: Situational T
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 04, 2008, 11:54am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Sometimes a night off is a good thing, especially after a run of bad games. I had a couple of games that I thought would be decent during a holiday tournament, and they turned out to be out-of-control, throw-em-up-from-anywhere games, with a couple of whiny coaches and less-than-intelligent fans. (Oh, btw, did I mention the scoreboard and clock operators were volunteers, and these games were the first they've ever done? )

Then last night I had one that was essentially a snoozer - worked with two good partners, boring game, barely broke a sweat, no problems from players, coaches or fans. Now I'll have a couple of days off, and I'll be ready to start back up full throttle next week.

It will get better. (I can't guarantee when, only that it will.)
Isn't it interesting the way that goes.

Three games the other night. First two were a mess.....I don't know how the kids were coached to play defense, or not. But, no matter how many fouls we called the kids just kept hand checking and holding. Also called a lot of charges and blocks.....physical play at both F and JV levels. V takes the floor and they knew how to play. Much easier to call. Much more pleasant game. Leave on a good note.....