View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 03, 2008, 04:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joćo
Hello all. In last night's college basketball game between the Dayton Flyers and the Akron Zips, there was a controversial situation in the last seconds as Akron (down by 3), got the rebound off a missed FT and was fouled, seemingly in the act of shooting. The referee's awarded 2 shots though, to the delight of the home crowd and to the disbelief of Akron fans. There is a video of the incident here (with multiple replays)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjejFJ6IOJ8

There has been plenty of debate on both sides whether or not the foul was committed before or during the act of shooting and I'd like to get all of your opinions.
I agree completely it was in the act of shooting, I think this was the wrong call. I see no reason to bail out the defense on such a horrible, unforgivably stupid play, it appeared to me that the shooter had begun the habitual motion that would preceed the release.....we had this happen last week in a VG game, halftime from 3/4 court a girl chucks one and the defender just rakes her across the arm...one of my partners got the call and we gave her three shots...of course the coach went nuts, but hey direct it at your player...