View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 03, 2008, 02:06pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L
you really think any team is going to obviously kick the ball on a their first possession of the game? Or obviously kick the ball with possession on the B20? Or obviously kick on 3rd and 1 to at midfield? You really think any of those situations are obvious kicking situations because it is the rule in NCAA that an attempted kick is going to be obvious? Perhaps you might look up the word obvious.
If I am coaching, I am likely going to run up the middle on 3rd and 1. But if I have an option for something else, I should be permitted to threaten that possibility. In basketball players are often coached to catch the ball in the triple threat position. In football, there is a history of deception in the game.

As for the definition of obvious, I think you seem to believe that there is this reality that exists above the freedom that we all have to define what obvious is.

Again, what has the NCAA defined as obvious as it relates to kicking situations? Without a definition, it seems that obvious to one person has no relation to obvious to another.