View Single Post
Old Thu May 30, 2002, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jumpmaster Send a message via MSN to jumpmaster Send a message via Yahoo to jumpmaster
Jeers to Shulock!

One of the great joys of being an umpire is knowing that every time I call a game, I have helped some kid live a part of the "dream". My actions both on and off the field should set the example for others to follow. Do I make mistakes? YOU BET! But to put on a show for the benefit of "pride" only hurts myself, the game and others that may be watching. One thing that I have added to my pregame with the coaches is "Gentlemen, let's remember that we are out here for the kids and that we are examples to them and others". It helps keep me focused and keeps me humble.

I, like Tim C, am embarrassed for Major League Baseball and I hope that MLB will do the right thing and show both Pinella and Shulock that these actions and mentality will not be tolerated. What kind of example have these two individuals set for the millions of people who saw these actions?

---
jumpmaster al

Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here - CPT John Parker, April 19, 1775, Lexington, Mass