View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 02, 2008, 10:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref
Visitors ball under their own basket with 1.2 seconds left. A1's pass is intercepted by B1 who unsuccessfully asks for a time out before landing OOB. But, simultaneously with the whistle or a tiny fraction afterward, the buzzer sounds, clock shows 0:00, game over. From the description I got, it sounds like the clock may have started before the pass was touched. The question is, even if the official sees the clock start to move while the pass is in the air, there is no way to make a correction here, correct?
A footnote: Visitors' coach threw a fit, saying time should be put back. Officials apparently had a lengthy discussion about the play, during which visitors' fans threw stuff all over the court. Then, apparently thinking the game was not over, the visiting player scurried around and cleaned up the debris.
Per above red in OP, why can't the Official that witnessed the clock running while the throw in is in the air, blow the play dead, reset the clock to 1.2 and give A1 the throw in back? 5-10

I agree with others about the TO request and grant. Game over if clock started properly. If we start adding/predicting/guessing 0.5 seconds or so "lag time", then you need to be consistant and do it for every whistle that stops the clock for the whole game. If you don't do it the whole game, then you sureasheck don't do it with 1.2 in the 4th.

Until I reach the college level with video replay....