Thread: My Partner Quit
View Single Post
Old Tue May 28, 2002, 07:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigwhistle
Re: I am with Brian

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Who in the heck are you going to report it to? And better yet, if you did report it who the hell would care? Even if you did report it, it is an AAU tournament. It is not like the people that run these things have their stuff together where the official would be hurt by anything that happens there. I have had more officials stop doing those tournaments or games that I know of all because of crap that happens to them. Really a lot of serious officials stay away from many of these leagues or tournaments because of all the crap that goes along with them. Or at least let me say this, the ones that have moved up or aspiring to move up only do these leagues if they are asked by assignors that actually assign during the regular season. And that is almost so rare that it never becomes an issue that I have ever seen. But then again where I live probably does not apply to where this took place.

I agree that this official probably did not handle the situation in the best way. He probably should have stuck it out. But I also admire that he had the balls to do that. Depending on what was happening, it is not our obligation to stay and get abused. I guess I would just have to be there.

Peace
Rut,

Do you ever do anything for the good of the game, or to give back something to those people and the levels of play where you learned some valuable lessons (even though not always fun)?

Your posts are consistently derogatory against anything that you feel will not help YOU PERSONALLY move up. While you do have that right, it would be nice to hear encouraging things from you occasionally.

Just a thought, since you never know who may be in a position to help or hurt you somewhere down the road.