View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 26, 2007, 03:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess Ref
Would it be strange if I went to my assignor and told him I not in a big hurry to get a complete Varsity schedule?
I receive Varsity games about 1/4 of the time now . The other 3/4ths I do the Frosh/Jv circuit. The next step in my schedule seems to be about 50% of my games will be Varsity.The frosh/JV games have really SLOWED down for me and its kinda cool. Some of the VArsity games are still moving pretty fast for me, but I am holding my own.
I don't want to end up being a half-a$$ Varsity ref. There are things that I need to continue working on and I believe I can better work on them at the lower levels.
For example my big 3 things to work on include
1. Adv/Dis - letting incidential contact go,especially as Trail. Still getting comfortable with the "late" whistle
2. Game awareness-things like AP,shot clock awareness, things of that sort
3. Working with the coaches-I am comfortable with rewarding coaches for their bad behavior. I give T's. I am also pretty comfortable with working with them also. I just think I need a little more work in talking them off the ledge,also just communicating with them in general.

SO is it okay to tell my assignor I like my schedule how it is or would that be considered a little strange ?
My goal is to stay ahead of the game. I got to college camps in the summer to prepair me for my next high school season as well as "possibly" getting picked up on the college level. Sometimes, opportunity will knock, but if you are not ready when it knocks, then you are behind in the game. So, moving up too fast is a good thing if you are ready!!!!!