Thread: BC Violation
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 26, 2007, 01:07pm
Official Forum Member

BC Violation

This morning VG tournament, I am T and A1 who is in the FC has per pass deflected back at her by B1. As the ball comes back to her she tips it and it goes into the BC. A1 recovers and I call a BC violation. A's coach goes nuts of course, but I turn immediately to him and explain what I saw and he immediately calmed down....at halftime, I ask the official who was C at the time if he saw the play as well. He said he saw it but "would have passed". Say what?!?!? He said he never callls the "double tip" a BC violation b/c the coaches, fans, etc don't understand that rule and he has never been questioned about it, in other words not calling it is the less painful thing to do...he said that since coaches rate you he doesn't want to call something like this that they don't understand...this guy is a senior official/assignor and he actually called a very good game, I just couldn't understand this point of view...I basicallly said that if calling that means that I don't move any higher then so be it..you just never know what is going through people's heads...