View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 25, 2007, 09:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Thanks for the confirmation guys. I've actually asked Jack Ditty in the past how he picks officials for these match-ups and his response was that the two conference supervisors get together and try to use people who work in both conferences. So that is certainly how it is done out West despite this statement to the contrary by a certain arrogant poster.
Officiating is assigned the same way across the country. It is not a West Coast, Midwest or East coast thing. You work for whoever assigns you. This means you have the opportunity to work for multiple college conferences at one time as an official. Basketball is not football where you only work for one conference all year and you only see other teams outside of your conference when you work non-conference games.

If you are going to call someone a name, at the very least educate yourself with the process. I think I know quite a bit more than you on this issue. Just the fact you said, "How it is done out west" is a sign you are in over your head.

Peace