View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 25, 2007, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

Can one move up too fast ?

Would it be strange if I went to my assignor and told him I not in a big hurry to get a complete Varsity schedule?
I receive Varsity games about 1/4 of the time now . The other 3/4ths I do the Frosh/Jv circuit. The next step in my schedule seems to be about 50% of my games will be Varsity.The frosh/JV games have really SLOWED down for me and its kinda cool. Some of the VArsity games are still moving pretty fast for me, but I am holding my own.
I don't want to end up being a half-a$$ Varsity ref. There are things that I need to continue working on and I believe I can better work on them at the lower levels.
For example my big 3 things to work on include
1. Adv/Dis - letting incidential contact go,especially as Trail. Still getting comfortable with the "late" whistle
2. Game awareness-things like AP,shot clock awareness, things of that sort
3. Working with the coaches-I am comfortable with rewarding coaches for their bad behavior. I give T's. I am also pretty comfortable with working with them also. I just think I need a little more work in talking them off the ledge,also just communicating with them in general.

SO is it okay to tell my assignor I like my schedule how it is or would that be considered a little strange ?