Thread: Heat-Knicks
View Single Post
Old Tue May 23, 2000, 08:11am
Official Forum Member

Public -

Well, I'm sure I won't be able to sway your opinion on NBA players. But remember there are class people like John Stockton in the NBA. I'm sure he's not the only one.

We all make mistakes in life. I'm sure I've made a few and I'm sure you have. It is what you do with your life after you have made those mistakes. I agree 100% with what GS did to Spree and I think it helped change him around. But you also have to give him some credit for turning his life around. I think it toook a lot of character and maturity. Give the guy some credit.

Bean, I grew up with the Knicks from the 69 championship to today's team. Been a NYer most of my life. I would LOVE a Knicks-Lakers final. I don't know if you remember Willis Reed, but wouldn't it be something if something like that happened again in NBA final. Ewing hurting himself in game 6 and hobbling out to start game 7 with the Garden going nuts. Inspiring his team to play the best game of their life. Ewing finally getting the ring he's pined for all these years. That Willis Reed incident was one of the greatest moments in NBA history.

Jack