View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 22, 2007, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
I got to thinking during my most recent game about things officials say that drive me nuts.

Aside from "reach" and "over the back," I mean.

First of all is "play the rim" or "wait til it hits the rim" on free throws. This is probably just me being an anal rules geek, but the fact that they can come in once it hits the backboard negates this phrase.

Then there's, "Coach, feel free to ask us questions during the game, we'll be happy to answer them."

Of course, there's "on the floor." Similar to "play the rim," it communicates a mistaken rule basis, but generally gets the right point across.

Anyone else have any others?

I ask to see if there's something I'm saying that drives other officials nuts.
I'd much rather my partner communcate to me with "on the floor" rather than "on the ground" as one of my rec leagues partners does....At least if I am in question I now know for sure....

Same with saying "stay here"...I do say that but I say it to the players who may not have their head in the game and see me point and announce the color.

One I hear some guys say is "1 and the bonus"....NO! NO! NO!...it's 1 and 1!

I too fall into the category of not being able to stand officials calling "reach" and "over the back" when reporting...drives me NUTS!