View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 22, 2007, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSportsFan
The neatest thing is he is able to earn way more that he could getting a pt job somewhere. He benefits from several lessons here.
First to MTD....That's awesome man! Sounds like your kid has his head on straight...pat yourself on the back there partner!

Chris.....My 15 year old son is a baseball guy..I usually coach him but I don't umpire...I only officiate basketball. Well, I got him a job at the facility I work at reffing on weekends. He mans the concession and works the front door where they collect money from the parents coming in. He get's to see me work and he's stated he doesn't know how I put up with the parents and coaches yellling at me....I doubt he'll officiate basketball but I THINK he's ready to be an ump for the little league....We'll see if he makes the freshman HS team in spring first.

As you said...it's a PT job but they are paying him $7.50/hr which is more than his 16-17 year old friends are making at pizza places and grocery stores! They are all asking him for a job up at the Fieldhouse.