View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 22, 2007, 04:37am
Do not give a damn!!

I have been twice. This is mainly a hiring camp. You will get excellent instruction, but it is not for the novice or newer official that has not worked a HS varsity game yet. If you want to get into college, this camp might not get you hired or give you some insight on what it takes to be hired. Mainly the camp is also used for those wanting to get into Mr. Kelley's conferences (Big 12, Conference USA, Sun Belt and Ohio Valley). If you are not working some small college or working in other D1 conferences, your chance of being hired are very slim. But I will say that the things I have learned at the camp have been excellent. I have not been hired, but I have made some friends and contacts that are valuable. It really comes down to what you want to get out of a camp experience. If you are willing to learn it is not a bad camp for that. Just understand you will be working with many college officials and many will also be D-1 staff members either with Kelley or with someone else. Almost everyone one attending can flat our referee.

BTW, there are a few hear other than me that have attended the camp. I am sure they can share their opinions which might vary a little from me.

Peace