View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 21, 2007, 04:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbilla
Just out of curiosity, do you guys who do a lot of MS stuff where many of the gyms don't have coaching boxes actually enforce the coaching box rule? Meaning do you let them roam and if you do and end up teching them, do you make them sit? The MS stuff that I do there is never a box, but we do let them roam wherever they want as long as they are coaching and not badgering us...I have put them on the bench before if I tech them and decide that they are not going to shut up, but it is tough to explain to a coach that they have "lost the box" if there was no box to begin with just an imagined allowance...just curious how you guys handle it...
Ya its kind of an implied coaching box. I'm going to be cracking down a little bit from now on cause the assistants were standing and barking a little too so I'm going to be very clear from now on that assistants sit period.

Coach.. I dont care if you coached in the ncaa.. this is a 7th grade girls traveling team.