Thread: T or not??
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 20, 2007, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrusepengui
I disagree - OP didn't create situation - coach did when he was already busting him while he was on way to report. Ok - maybe MidMadness should not have listened - but the coach created the situation and if it was enough to make an official lose track of who the foul was on it was most definately enough for whacking!
If we were working together and you forgot the number, as your partner, I would probably say the same thing in a joking manner....would you WHACK me? C'mon...MidMadness created the problem - coaches talk/yell/gesture/motion to us all the time while reporting a foul, it's very rare that we forget the number - but it happens.

You SHOULD be embarrassed. You SHOULD be self-concious.

You SHOULD ALSO be mature enough to realize that you screwed up and be able to take a little criticism - you certainly would deserve it. What's wrong with saying: "Coach, you're right. I screwed up. Let's not make it worse than it already is." or "Yea, I really butchered that didn't I?". Instead I chose self-deprecating humor ("I know I'm dumber than I look....") which generally works well for me.

If you decide to T the coach, then you certainly are well within your authority to do so. However, keep in mind that it's also within your authority to admit a mistake when it occurs. IMHO, a T here does not make the game any better.