View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 20, 2007, 10:41am
Official Forum Member

only 3 HS players per club team

I have two situations that I need to resolve. Help me see if I'm understanding the situation correctly.

There is a AHSAA (Alabama) rule that only three (3) volleyball players from a particular high school can play on the same team during club season.

Situation 1:
Another club in town, XYZ, has a 14U player that will attend GHS next year that cannot play on any of the XYZ teams because each already has 3 potential GHS players. I've been asked if I have room for her on one of my club's teams.

Situation 2:
There are currently four (4) players on my 142 team that will be attending GHS next year. I think that is a violation only if all 4 of them want to tryout for one of GHS's volleyball teams.

I'm asking each of the 4 players to send me an email ASAP stating either:
- Yes, I want to tryout for GHS volleyball next Fall.
or
- No, I will NOT tryout for GHS volleyball next Fall. [Which is most likely the answer they will pick since these girls enjoy playing only city rec volleyball.]

If more than 3 players say "Yes", then I have a problem and somebody either has to change their answer or one person can't compete with the team at the tournaments.

If less than 3 players say "Yes", then the extra player from XYZ can join my club.

If exactly 3 players say "Yes", then my club has no room for the extra player from XYZ.

Am I thinking about this the right way?

[My other 2 teams already have 3 potential GHS players.]

--
Doug