View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 20, 2007, 10:39am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
We're always going to make a call on a blatant foul. But there are some calls that we're NOT going to make in the last two minutes -- unless they're blatant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
I absolutely do. You think the first 3-seconds call of the night is going to be in the last 45 seconds of a 4 point game? No way -- unless it's blatant. He's been in there for 5 seconds and ignored a couple warnings and then gets the pass.

You think I'm calling the first illegal screen of the game in the last 2 minutes? No way. We've clearly let the borderline screens go all game. I'm going to call one now? Uh-uh. If there's a blatant illegal screen that bumps a guy 5 feet off the court to free up the shooter, then I'm grabbing that one.
In these two examples, both would have been made for the first time in the last 2 minutes during the game. The OP was about letting them play and changing the quality of the calls. I do not believe you change the quality of your calls, but I do believe you may not start calling something new in the last couple/few minutes unless they are blatant.