View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 20, 2007, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
I absolutely do. You think the first 3-seconds call of the night is going to be in the last 45 seconds of a 4 point game? No way -- unless it's blatant. He's been in there for 5 seconds and ignored a couple warnings and then gets the pass.

You think I'm calling the first illegal screen of the game in the last 2 minutes? No way. We've clearly let the borderline screens go all game. I'm going to call one now? Uh-uh. If there's a blatant illegal screen that bumps a guy 5 feet off the court to free up the shooter, then I'm grabbing that one.
So if there is an illegal screen that doesn't bump the guy 5 feet off the court, but it frees the ball-handler up enough to score and put Team A up with less then a minute, you're not making that call? Or the arm-bar or hand/hands on the dribbler causing him not to make his move to the basket, you're not making that call in the last minute either?? I ask because I'm taking your definition of "blatant" as the harshness of the contact or the extensiveness of the violation, versus, the "blatant" or "OBVIOUS" foul or violation. If your definition is the latter, then I agree, and an illegal screen to gain an OBVIOUS advantage at the end of the game should be called, as well as the camping in the lane to jockey for the tip-in to take a lead with less then a minute.