View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 18, 2007, 06:10am
Official Forum Member

I received a DVD yesterday of a game this team in action. There is not a whole lot of shifting or motion and it is generally done legally. There did appear to be a lot of fouls by the offense for something procedural. I did not see what they were although the announcer typically said "illegal procedure". (R was not miked and the DVD did not include his signals) Perhaps the refs were flagging the formation as it did appear at times they may have had some mugwomps.

Bottom line, will not work in NCAA because of the numbering issue. And if your Federation chiefs have any sense they will act in the offseason to incorporate a similar numbering rule to the NCAA to shut down this BS. Anyone who studies the history of American football knows how this violates the spirit of the rules. I am also surprised at how apparently defensive coaches where this team plays have not managed to figure out how easy it is to defend. In this video they have kids playing "pass defense" on clearly ineligible (by position) receivers.